How to run this program on a 64bit windows?

Nov 24, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Hi,

If I don't have a 32-bit windows, how to run this program on a 64bit windows?

Coordinator
Jun 11, 2011 at 3:15 PM

The link below should work ... install this application (64-bit SQL Server), then try opening the SenseCam browser afterwards and all should be fine:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=58ce885d-508b-45c8-9fd3-118edd8e6fff&displaylang=en

Aiden

Nov 9, 2011 at 4:28 PM

Hi Yuwen,

Did you manage to get this working? Having some issues with people with 64bit machines and trying to get it to work for them.

Thanks,

Greg

Coordinator
Aug 8, 2012 at 8:07 PM

This PDF document may help some people in a step-by-step guide to install MS SQL Server Express 64 bit version:

http://download.eiva.dk/online-training/NaviEdit%20Help/SQLServer2008ExpressInstallGuide.pdf

Please just make sure that the Default instance is selected (SQLExpress)

Apr 12, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Hi there,

I have tried to download and install the Sensecam browser (Recommended version: Oxford_Clarity_SenseCam_Browser_May_2011) but have experienced the following issue.
I'm running a 64-bit Windows operating system so I followed the guide to installing the Sensecam browser by first installing SQL Server 2008 and I followed the above instructions for installing and it was successful as far as I can tell. However, when I try to open the SenseCam Browser I keep getting this message:

"SQL Server 2005 Setup cannot continue because the installation package could not be opened. The installation package has a missing file, or you are running a 32-bit only Setup program on a 64-bit computer. To continue, verify the SQL Server 2005 package you are running is supported on WOW64. If you continue to see this message, contact the application vendor."

I am wondering whether this message has something to do with the fact that I installed SQL Server 2008 and not 2005, could that be the issue? Any ideas as to what went wrong?

Regards
Andrea