How to run this program on a 64bit windows?

Nov 24, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Hi,

If I don't have a 32-bit windows, how to run this program on a 64bit windows?

Jun 11, 2011 at 4:15 PM

The link below should work ... install this application (64-bit SQL Server), then try opening the SenseCam browser afterwards and all should be fine:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=58ce885d-508b-45c8-9fd3-118edd8e6fff&displaylang=en

Aiden

Nov 9, 2011 at 5:28 PM

Hi Yuwen,

Did you manage to get this working? Having some issues with people with 64bit machines and trying to get it to work for them.

Thanks,

Greg

Aug 8, 2012 at 9:07 PM

This PDF document may help some people in a step-by-step guide to install MS SQL Server Express 64 bit version:

http://download.eiva.dk/online-training/NaviEdit%20Help/SQLServer2008ExpressInstallGuide.pdf

Please just make sure that the Default instance is selected (SQLExpress)

Apr 12, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Hi there,

I have tried to download and install the Sensecam browser (Recommended version: Oxford_Clarity_SenseCam_Browser_May_2011) but have experienced the following issue.
I'm running a 64-bit Windows operating system so I followed the guide to installing the Sensecam browser by first installing SQL Server 2008 and I followed the above instructions for installing and it was successful as far as I can tell. However, when I try to open the SenseCam Browser I keep getting this message:

"SQL Server 2005 Setup cannot continue because the installation package could not be opened. The installation package has a missing file, or you are running a 32-bit only Setup program on a 64-bit computer. To continue, verify the SQL Server 2005 package you are running is supported on WOW64. If you continue to see this message, contact the application vendor."

I am wondering whether this message has something to do with the fact that I installed SQL Server 2008 and not 2005, could that be the issue? Any ideas as to what went wrong?

Regards
Andrea